COMP-Print Screen

Does anyone know how to print the contents of what appears in the monitor.  I've tried print screen and shift + printscreen, but can't get either to work.  I'm trying to print out how my autocad screen looks for transparencies to use in a presentation I'm making.

There must be a way since just about any computer magazine you see has images of what they are demonstrating.

Any help would be much appreciated.

John Jones
Pell City, AL
jcjones(--nospam--at)pell.net