RE: COMP-Print Screen

>A program called 'Print Screen' makes the 'PrtScr' key respond in Windows 3.1
>or 95 just as it did under DOS.  Start it up and it goes into terminate-stay-
>resident mode.  Then when that key is hit, the program captures either the
>entire screen, or the active window, in a .bmp file that is immediately sent
>to the printer and/or saved as a file that can be read by other Windows
>programs.  Works like a charm.
>
>It's not shareware or freeware - I believe I paid about $20 a year or two
>ago.
>The vendor touts it mainly as a one-keystroke convenience for recording
>information when surfing the net, but it would serve as well for John Jones'
>need in this instance.
>It came nicely packaged and with a decent manual.  The vendor is JE Software,
>a division of Janesway Electronics.  The manual didn't give a website url,
>but
>gives an email address of janesway(--nospam--at)ix.netcom.com for more info or questions.
>
>Frank Lew, SE
>Orinda, CA

Frank:

It is free, or at least it's twin is!  See my post earlier today.  Of
course, you'll first need a 32-bit operating system (Win95 or Win98 or
WinNT).  I guess that might exclude you and Roger Turk, and maybe a
couple of others.  Oh well.

Stan Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas

The youth gets together his materials to build a bridge
to the moon, or a palace or temple on the earth, and,
at length, the middle-aged man concludes to build
a woodshed with them.           ...Henry David Thoreau