RE: MBR Tie-Down System

Thor,
You are correct that even holdowns that anchor floor to floor will loosen
from shrinkage because floor joists will experience much more shrinkage
than the vertical stud portion because of wood grain direction.

I agree that TJM products shrink less than sawn lumber, but depending on
the environment, swelling will occur between when the TJM's are produced
and when it makes it to the job site (especially stored outside in a moist
environment!).  So over time, shrinkage will occur and holdowns will surely
loosen again.