RE: Existing wall/Fdns

Thor,
Is this a wood framed structure on a URM foundation? If it is I would
suggest designing a deadman type foundation to transfer shear through and
construct them as close to the perimeter foundations as possible. Create a
cripplewall thats properly sheared for each foundation in each line of shear
and in each direction and drag the floor diaphragm into these foundations.
This has become a fairly common standard for relieving the lateral load to a
urm foundation.
There are other methods, including gunniting the inside wythe of brick and
even inserting vertical anchors through the plates deep into the urm
foundation - but I perfer the deadman type foundation.

Regards

Dennis Wish PE

"Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy
for the worst of them all- the apathy of human beings."
Helen Keller