Re: '97 code seismic map arrived from ICBO

On 	98-03-17 00:02:56 EST ballense(--nospam--at)pacbell.net (Bill Allen)  wrote in response
to Tom Harris:

I may be mistaken (it hasn't happened yet today), but I believe the 1997 UBC
base shears are Ultimate, not Working Stress.

Regards,
Bill Allen

[Bill Cain]  They are.  Divide the 1997 forces by 1.4 to compare with the
working level forces given in 1994.