Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: SE Registration

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

I am assuming you are talking about California Registration.  In order to
qualify for the SE exam you must have your CE and have worked for three
years under the direct supervision of a Structural Engineer.  If you do not
work under the direct supervision of an SE, you can contact BORPELS and
request a waiver of this requirement.  The request does not automatically
mean it will be granted.

California law requires an SE to sign schools, hospitals, and high-rise
structures.  Most others can be signed by a CE.  Additionally, some
jurisdictions will require SE for certain types of work.