Re: SE Registration

BORPELS is the Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land
Surveyors.  They are part of the Consumer Affairs agency and are located in
Sacramento.  I do not have a phone number readily available for them.
Maybe someone out there does.

As for your experience--technically you must work 3 years under the direct
supervision of a California SE after you receive your CE.  However, BORPELS
and SEAOC (I believe) have established an interview process for those who
have the experience requirements but lack the references.  In your case you
would need to talk to BORPELS to see if the criteria for "working under the
direct supervision" of an SE can be waived.

 (Embedded
 image moved   mike.brown(--nospam--at)cshqa.com
 to file:      03/17/98 12:49 PM
 PIC22621.PCX)

Please respond to seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org