Fw: SE Registration

This post has piqued my curiosity on the differentiation between Ca CE's
and Se's.

When I was attending Cal, I got it in my head somehow that California SE's
were required only for schools and hospitals, but this post indicates that
SE's are required for "high rise" structures as well.

Could anyone who knows tell me if this is indeed the case.  And if so, what
is the definition of a high rise (i.e. how many floors constitute a low or
med vs high rise)?  And is this statewide, or only for certain counties?
(Not that I am doubting Richard R. or his sources, I would just like
explicit confirmation on this).

Although I live on Guam, this is of interest to me due to recent
legislative action aimed at changing our registration rules regarding what
a CE can sign off on (as opposed to an SE).  .

Any information on this would be very helpful.

T. Eric Gillham PE