[Fwd: eccentric footings]

--- Begin Message ---
Has anyone else been asked to analyze a standard
single story residential footing as eccentrically loaded?
I doesn't calc out (resultant force is far from middle third),
but its the way they've always been detailed.  And how about
rigid frame pad footings?  I rarely see these loads concentric
yet the calculations (by others) always assume this.

Mark Pemberton, P.E. --(Does anyone put C.E.?
                                       or is that chemical engineer?)

--- End Message ---