Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: SE Registration

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
A while back I did some research at the following web site:  I searched the California state codes for "structural
engineer", and I found requirements for SE's relating to schools and
hospitals, as well as in the Military and Veterans Code (1224) - but I did
see anything in the state codes relating to high rise buildings.

It is my understanding that some cities (such as Los Angeles) restrict high
rise work to SE's via their local code amendments.  Also, some utilities or
other entities may require or "prefer" an SE to perform engineering for
utility related work on an individual project basis.