Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: '97 code seismic map arrived from ICBO[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: '97 code seismic map arrived from ICBO
- From: RDAHLMANN <RDAHLMANN(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 23:10:37 EST
Yes the 1997 seismic loads are based on Ultimate loads. To get to allowable loads, divide by 1.4. The lads will still be significantly higher, but not quite the heart attack you first had. Also note the story drift requirements have been cut in half. This may severly hamper steel moment frame buildings.
- Prev by Subject: RE: '97 code seismic map arrived from ICBO
- Next by Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: E-mail delivert of Division 93 Retrofit Standard
- Previous by thread: RE: '97 code seismic map arrived from ICBO
- Next by thread: SE Registration