Re: Appropriateness

This is the only post I have seen in response to mine yesterday that did
not put me on the defensive. Due to the tactful nature of Mr. Norman's
comments, it has caused me to pause and reflect. It is true, I have strong
feelings about a lot of things (O.K., everything) and I do get carried away
(sometimes). I also realize that a lot of my viewpoints are not always
"mainstream". Sometimes, my friends like Stan Caldwell like to bait me and,
after watching "60 Minutes", it is sometimes difficult to apply the proper
amount of restraint. While I genuinely feel the way I do about some of the
past Presidents we have had, I have no intention of personally insulting
those who participate in our political system even if it is for the benefit
of the Democratic Party. For the record, while I am a registered
Republican, I have felt even they have become too liberal since Ronald
Reagan (my hero) left office.

Be that as it may, in reviewing my post, even I have come to realize that
it was not appropriate for this list nor was it proper to subject its
readers to my viewpoints; considered extreme by some. Not to use this as an
excuse, but I am passionate about every thing I do. I'm an "all or nothing"
kind of guy. I just get wound up.

In the future, I will make every attempt to keep my comments not only
within the scope of this listserv but also to be more considerate of those
who do not share my views.

Thank you Drew,
Bill Allen