Re: Fw: SE Registration

Tom Chiu wrote:

> I recall that LA City requires SE to sign for highrise (taller than
> 160').  Not so sure about other cities.

It seems I read something a few years back where the state courts ruled that the
local municipalities could not limit the type of work a licensed professional
could do when the license was issued by the state. This basically struck down LA
City's requirement for an SE on buildings over 160' as the State doesn't restrict
CEs from doing buildings higher than 160'

Maybe someone who pays more attention to the legalities could commment here.
--
Steve Privett   CE
mailto:eqretrodr(--nospam--at)earthlink.net