Re: Fw: SE Registration -Reply

Tim McCormick wrote:

> To All interested Parties:
>
> In a local amendment ot the UBC,  the Los Angeles Building Code requires
> licensed SE's on buildings exceeding 160 ft. in height. (Section
> 106.3.3.3.)

> Notwithstanding the LA code amendment that Tim cited, no local
> jurisdiction (including the City of Los Angeles) may regulate the practice
> of engineering or architecture in California.  I thought this issue had
> been resolved in LA after an architect sued over being prohibited from
> designing a high rise there.

For better or worse (and I don't want to start this thread again) in
California an architect may design any building and a civil engineer may
design any building except a hospitals (including skilled nursing
facilities) or a public schools.  This is subject only to the general
limitation that no licensed professional may practice beyond their area of
competency.