Continuous Footings

This post has been kicked back to me twice!  Here it goes
again:  Has anyone else been required to analyze the exterior
continuous footings of a standard single story residence taking
into account the eccentricity involved?  They never calc out
because the resultant is way beyond the middle third.  A plan
checker in the Bay area is now requiring this.  Is she nuts?
Or should we revolutionize continous footing design and always
center our footings for now on?

Mark Pemberton, P.E.