Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Fw: SE Registration -Reply -Reply

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Robert J Bossi writes: " For better or worse (and I don't want to start this
thread again) in California an architect may design any building and a civil
engineer may design any building except a hospitals (including skilled
nursing facilities) or a public schools.  This is subject only to the general
limitation that no licensed professional may practice beyond their area of

Mr. Bossi,

The  LA code amendment I cited actually requires the SE for the
structural portion AND a licensed architect for the architectural portion on
buildings greater than 160 ft. 

To my knowledge, no court has ruled that a local City cannot further limit
the license laws of the State. If you have other information, please share

Tim McCormick, P.E.
City of Los Angeles