Re: Existing wall/Fdns

>I am assisting a structural engineer in the renovation/retrofit of an
heritage that has existing un-reinforced foundation walls (3' to 5' high)
and footings.  I am working at a distance so I have not inspected the site
first hand.

>Excavation at site has "unearthed" serious horizontal (the usual ragged
type) cold jointing in the pours done when the building was constructed.
Thor,

You might consider pressure grouting depending on the cross sectional depth
of the rock pockets.

If lateral loads are not expected to be excessive and the existing wall is
relatively thick "sacking" with a cement/ masonry sand mixture into the
pockets might suffice with proper preparation and a concrete adhesive.

Norb Volny,
PE