Re: Continuous Footings

>  Has anyone else been required to analyze the exterior
>continuous footings of a standard single story residence taking
>into account the eccentricity involved?

If the framing is platform type and is bearing on a sill plate or floor
girders in pockets on the stem walls you should have no problem. The whole
assembly is tied to the plywood floor diaphram which ties all the stems
together such that perpendicular stem walls will act to brace any
eccentrically loaded walls just like "short stocky Wrestlers..a la my uncle".

This should also hold true even where you are ledgered onto the stem as long
as the connections figure to transfer the lateral as well as gravity loads.

Hope this gives your "train" another track to head down.

Sincerely,
Norb Volny, PE