Re: CE or PE

Mark...

A CE is a  PE, but a PE isn't necessarily a CE...  A PE has many
branches and CE is one of them... From my research of  the Professional
Engineers Act today...

from sec 6732 .........to in any manner use the title
"professional engineer," "registered engineer," or "consulting
engineer," or any of the following branch titles:  "agricultural
engineer," "chemical engineer," "civil engineer," "control system
engineer," "corrosion engineer," "electrical engineer," "fire
protection engineer," "industrial engineer," "manufacturing engineer,"
"mechanical engineer," "metallurgical engineer," "nuclear engineer,"
"petroleum engineer," "quality engineer," "safety engineer,"
"traffic engineer," or any combination of such words and phrases or
abbreviations thereof unless registered hereunder.

So a nuclear engineer is a PE and when you sign CE.. you are just
showing your specific branch of expertise that you were licensed in.
And if you read my prior post under the SE registration thread, you can
see the section immediately prior that defines civil engineering.
--
Steve Privett  CE
mailto:eqretrodr(--nospam--at)earthlink.net