RE: LGSS - Light Gauge Steel Stud question

Thanks Ernie, but the outside is already covered with lath and stucco.
Now the contractor says that it would be too time consuming and difficult to
get the nuts on the bolted connection that I suggested. He wants to know if
he can tack weld in place. I have my doubts here since the material is only
20 gauge.
Any thoughts?

Dennis Wish PE

"Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy
for the worst of them all- the apathy of human beings."
Helen Keller