Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: SE Registration

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I might be wrong, but I thought the phrase is "A person authorized to use
the title Structural Engineer".  Since this is a City code, possibly it was
worded incorrectly.
Ernie is correct, Civils are allowed to describe their work as structural
Hope we get this NCSEA two-tiered licensing system passed soon, it should
clear up a lot the ambiquity in our profession.

Dennis Wish PE

"Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy
for the worst of them all- the apathy of human beings."
Helen Keller

|-----Original Message-----
|From: ErnieNSE [mailto:ErnieNSE(--nospam--at)]
|Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 1998 6:29 PM
|To: seaoc(--nospam--at)
|Subject: Re: SE Registration
|Reading Drew Norman's post that says .........'a person authorized to
|structural engineering'......I don't think that one has to be an S.E. to
|practice structural engineering. There must be something specifically
|saying..... 'Licenced Structural Engineer...... C.E.'s have been practicing
|Structural Engineering all the time. They just can't call themselves
|Ernie Natividad