Sulfate Res Conc. & Waterproofing

I am reviewing the specs for the construction of a RC office building.

The building is about 60ft above sea level and about 2 miles inland from
the seashore, and has 3 basement floors. The soil investigation shows no
presence of water for at least 25ft below foundation level and the soil
type is moderately fractured Limestone.

The specs call for a sulfate resistant Cement (Type V) to be used in the
mat foundation and the below grade basement walls. My personal opinion
is that since there is no water and the soil type is rocky with no
report of Chloride content, there is no need to use such type of cement,
actually, it might be more usefull for exposed concrete in the upper
floors.

The specs also call for the waterpoofing membrane to continue below the
whole area of the 190" mat foundation (tanking.) IMHO there is no need
to do that, and waterproofing the basement walls would be enough.

I would appreciate yo'all opinions.

Moni Serhal