RE: Appropriateness

"Freedom of Speech" is guaranteed only against government restraints.

If you "own" a private EMAIL list, for example, you are not required by law to give free reign to anyone's agenda.

IMHO, very little is understood by the people in general concerning our Bill of Rights' guarantees.  People seem more intent on being "protected" from "incursions" by our fellow citizens, and seem surprised to learn that the Bill of Rights' TRUE function is to protect us from a GOVERNMENT gone out of control.