Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: OC Dinner Meeting - March, 1998[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: OC Dinner Meeting - March, 1998
- From: ErnieNSE <ErnieNSE(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:31:24 EST
After reading Charles Greenslaw's post on how the SEAOC Committees work, I now think that maybe they thought that I'm not a good committee material and they never called me back when I tried volunteering twice (on two different committees). I called and talked over the phone to the committee chairmen when I read in the SEAOSC Newsletter about these committees asking for volunteers. Or maybe there are just too many volunteers that they only called some of them. But at least they should have called me to let me know what's happening. Ive stopped responding to their call for volunteers and I'm now concentrating on volunteering my work on this listserve virtual committee where it is more appreciated. On the matter of members with diverse fields and expertise being represented on all committees, I agree. But the reality is that not everyone can join and sacrifice time, money and energy. But let's not punish those who are willing in spirit but weak in action. Let's find a way for them to be at least represented, their views considered and their efforts appreciated no matter how small. Maybe when our listserve virtual committee(when it finally gets going) starts interacting with the real SEAOSC committee, this will be the start of getting more diverse opinions considered. Ernie Natividad
- Prev by Subject: Re: OC Dinner Meeting - March, 1998
- Next by Subject: ODE TO SPELL CHECKERS ..
- Previous by thread: Re: OC Dinner Meeting - March, 1998
- Next by thread: Re: Plastic moment capacity of concrete filled steel pipe