Re: LGSS - Light Gauge Steel Stud question

Dennis,

They could countersink the screw at the stucco side and patch it.

I'm just worried in your solution not really providing in 'essence' the
required stiffeniing requirements when the h/t is exceeded. It's OK if you
really feel that stiffening is essentially provided. Just be careful with your
analysis.

I've been reading the basis of how web crippling occurs and it is too
complicated for me to comprehend with a limited time I have. Therefore, I'm
not in a position to use judgement and assume a certain equivalent restraining
method will be really equal to the prescribed stiffening requirement. I'd be
more conservative if it were my job although I know the constraints in your
case.

Ernie Natividad