Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: CE or PE

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I believe that CE is used to differentiate between civil engineers and
other engineers, i.e. electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, etc.  The
actual "title" is PE.

If others disagree, please respond.

Mike Brown, P.E.

> From: Mark & Jessica Pemberton <jmpember(--nospam--at)>
> To: seaoc(--nospam--at)
> Subject: CE or PE
> Date: Wednesday, March 18, 1998 7:05 PM
> I'm going to ask this again (maybe you all thought I was kidding
> the first time) ... why are some people signing as CE's and others
> as PE's, isn't a CE the same thing as a PE?  If not I've been clueless
> of this fact for many years.
> Mark Pemberton, P.E. (or is it C.E.?)