Re: STL - ASTM Mill Specification for Fy=46KSI Tube S

Brent -
   ASTM A500 currently lists tensile requirements for both round structural
tubing and shaped structural tubing. Grade B for round structural tubing is
required to have a yield strength of 42 ksi while Grade B for shaped
structural tubing is required to have a yield strength of 46 ksi. My copy of
the "red book'" is at the office while my "green book" is here at home so I
can't presently compare the two editions to verify if there has been an
increase. Based on the current ASTM specification, you can use a 46 ksi yield
strength for square and rectangular tubing.

Hope this helps.

Charlie Canitz, PE
Bel Air, MD