LURKERS UNITE, SLAY APATHY, AND CONQUER LISTSERVICE

This is to all you lurkers out there who (like me) have just a couple hours
a week to devote to this listservice --- maybe enough time to download 900
messages and delete some of the funnies and rantings:

    WE CANNOT RELY ON DENNIS AND BILL TO GET THE BALL ROLLING ON THIS
ONE!............  The 'regulars' on this list service commit the time
necessary to read 'every message' and I believe they enjoy it (that's great
for them!).   But this gives them no urgency to set up a standardized format
for e'mail Subects to allow filtering.  I believe that they won't help the
rest of us --struggling to process this Amazon of e-mails, until we
collectively stand up and SCREAM about it!

Now I'll admit, I'm not only a lurker but a technology straggler so please
don't scoff  --let's just ' put our heads under the hood and fix it'.  I'm
not really sure how to use it yet but on Microsoft's Outlook Express, the
Inbox Assistant allows incoming e'mails to be sorted to various folders, or
deleted depending on the 'Rules' you've established.

If  the first two or three words in the 'subject' for every post were taken
from a standardized list that we all had agreed on, I think that each one of
us could read primarily the posts that interest us --- having filtered out
the rest.  That might save each of us, say three hours a week.  And for 6000
users at say an average billable rate of $60/hr, that's,, uhhhh,  lemme
see...  $1,080,000 per week we could be pumping into the global village  (or
56 megadollars per year).  I think the President's economists would hop up
and notice (they would know exactly what happened), and Bill would be
on-line shortly to congratulate us!

no really Bill (Allen) and Dennis, we would be happy for any help you could
give us.

                                                    Steve Gregg

'Let me splash happily in a creek,
instead of drown in the Amazon'