Re: Sulfate Res Conc. & Wate

<< The point you made is ideally very appropriate because using Type V
 cement cannot be detrimental to the durability of the concrete but in
 this case it may be useless, and part of my responsibility here is to
 save the owner any unecessary expenses.

 You see we might take the project as contractors on a Cost Plus basis,
 so I feel that my ethical and professional responsibility is to trim the
 specs requirements where it can save the owner money without lowering
 the quality of the structure, and ask for more stringent specs where I
 feel there are any shortcomings in the original specs. >>

     It would seem courteous and appropriate to call the engineer of record
first.

     Tom Harris, SE
     Thousand Oaks, CA