Re: Problem with Deputy Inspector

It has been my experience that we replace 50% of the special inspectors for
poor workmanship, lack of understanding, failure to require construction
compliance with the plans and specifications, making changes without direction
of the EOR.

Likewise the other 50% taught me something about every job.  Finding  and
keeping good inspectors is difficult.

I am not sure what the answer is but I continually spot check the work of the
deputy on a regular basis and accept nothing less than  that required by the
design and the code.

James Guerrero, PE
Harris & Associates
Los Alamitos