Re: Moment Frames

At 09:45 3/23/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I need to get input on a good, economical computer program that will do 1
>and 2 story moment frame shears and moments for steel or concrete.  Does
>anybody have something for these simple frames that isn't complicated like
>RISA or SAP2000?
>
>Sam Love
>Ogden, Utah

RISA complicated?  I don't know how much simpler you can get!  I routinely
knock out simple models of the type you describe in 10 to 15 minutes with
RISA.  Now if what you are really after is cheap, there is a DOS based 2D
frame program, called FRAME, (shareware) on the ASME website that will do
the work but the input and output is reminiscent of 1970's programs.  You
will spend more time using it to analyze the same problems (so it really
isn't cheap in the long run).

BILL CAIN, SE
OAKLAND, CA