Re: Granite Cladding (without using mechanical fasteners)

K. Hemmatyar wrote:

> I am presently working on a project which involves the design of
> installation method of Granite Cladding on a new 4 storey concrete frame
> building. The Granites are 18"x18"x3/4" and the contractor prefers to
> install them by adhesive agent (without using mechanical fasteners) directly
> on the exposed concrete.
> If you have some recommendations, please advise.
> Thanks in Advance
>
> K. (Casey) Hemmatyar, P. Eng.
> Vancouver, B.C.

Casey,

Reading all postings on this subject, it seems, that your best choice is
to use mechanical anchoring systems. Since you have a thin slab, this
system is unique in any way. I think, we can offer this system , which
is a special, small, undercut type insert suitable for thin cladding,
and available in carbon and stainless steel. Please call us at
416-631-9400 or e-mail your phone number and I'll cal you.

Paul Mariai P. Eng.
Senior Advisor, Fastening Technology
UCAN Fastening Products
North York, Ontario