RE: Bridge inspection and rehabilitation

Sounds like you are trying to learn about "load rating" a bridge. The
software we use is BRASS which is put out by Wyoming DOT (USA).  It's
different than regular analysis programs in that it is specific to
bridges and actually calculates a rating for you (capacity/applied
load).  Sometimes it can get a little tricky to use.

You should try to talk to someone in the Federal Highway Administration.
Bridge maintenance inspections in the US are federally mandated. Every
publicly owned vehicular bridge must be inspected by a certified bridge
inspector on a two-year cycle.  All the USDOT's should have a program in
place so there is another resource.

Hope this helps.
Calvin Lee, PE