Re: Engineer's responsibility -- wind failure

<<     I assume that the netting will be full of newspapers, leaves and other
debris
 during a wind storm and therefor the openings in the netting will be
nonexistent.
 And suction on the leeward side *will* be present. >>

Lew, a clarification.  I do design for forces on the leeward side. So I add
the pressure coefficients from the windward and the leeward (back) side.  But
I don't design for perpendicular suction forces (such as might suck a roof
off.)  I have observed these things in windstorms, and they don't fill up with
trash -- that would be an awful lot of paper.  Unless they are landfill
fences, which is a different story altogether.  The forces on a solid fence
100 feet high would be enormous.  I have never seen a range designed to this
specification.