WOOD SCISSOR TRUSS BRACE

I'm looking for information, ideas, criteria for
lateral bracing of bottom chords of wood scissor
trusses (either gang nail trusses or heavy timber
trusses).

For instance if you've got 6:12 top chord braced
by a diaphragm, but a 4:12 or 2:12 bottom chord
that is flying through empty space, is there a
handy way to asses the stability of the bottom
chord.  Are there any set guidelines commonly used
for determining bracing requirements.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Stan Johnson, PE
BTW,  I'm not dead, at least not yet.  I've just
been so busy that I am a few megabytes behind on
my reading so I lurk in the distant past.  Ooh,
that sounds kinda spooky   =:-o

 : )