Re: Type V Cement

Moni Serhal wrote:

>the soil report shows no presence of sulfates in the soil. This, along with
the facts that the water table is well below foundation level and the
soil type is limestone,  made me wonder about the usefulness of Type V
cement. <

While I generally specify Type II (moderate sulfate resistant) cement for
concrete in contact with soil, I too would question why Type V cement was
being used in the absence of significant sulfate indications.