Problem with Deputy Inspector -- Follow-up

Marco.  Polo.  I am still unable to find specific requirements under the UBC
and/or LA Code for what a special inspector is supposed to include in his or
her report(s).  I'm looking for a basis in code to reject reports which I
think have insufficient detail (e.g., concrete placement inspection that
doesn't report slump, or moment frame welding inspection which doesn't
verify conformance with a WPS).  I've looked in AWS D1.1 and ACI 318,
finding in both some indications of what the inspector is to check but no
specific indications of what he or she is required to report.  Can anybody
point me in the right direction?  I don't want this guy to wriggle off the
hook.

Drew A. Norman, S.E.
Drew A. Norman and Associates