RE: I don't get it....

First, the answer to the original question. The difference between my post
and the one on the "micropilots" is that I did not call someone "stupid".
Mr. Richmond and I have had a private dialog on the details of my comments
and his template from which he finally gave me his best advice: if I do not
like the format of the template, don't use it. Duh!

While I agree that Mr. Richmond's template has a lot of good features both
on the use of MathCAD as well as an educational viewpoint of flow charting
the process of steel beam design, I seriously doubt one could make any
money designing a building using this tool. I could not. That was the point
of my comment. This is a long way from calling someone "stupid".

I also agree with you Dennis that, your first job should not have been
focused around using all of the shortcuts. When I had employees, they
worked for me several months before using ANY software except AutoCAD. They
had to do all of their calculations by hand until I could identify the
individuals' strengths and weaknesses.

Finally, my responses to your last two points:

* I have a life.
* I believe I have already hit my apology quota for the year (and it's
still the first quarter?).

Regards,
Bill Allen (the one with the bull's eye on his back)