RE: ethics

My theory is this list server is not the correct forum to advertise a
product or a web page without inquiry for such a product.

If a fellow engineer is writing this list server in search of a product
solution to solve a problem, I think the "lurkers" who represent such a
product (or know of such a product) should come out to answer a question
and not be feared of being flamed like the software vendor a couple of
months ago.

This person was responding to an inquiry to Intellicad and was a third
party provider for this product.  He was definitely viewed as being a
little too aggressive in pushing the company name and web page, but I would
have never have known where to go to find more info about this product.

Ed Chin, PE
Seattle, WA