RE: ethics

>My theory is this list server is not the correct forum to advertise a
>product or a web page without inquiry for such a product.
>
>If a fellow engineer is writing this list server in search of a product
>solution to solve a problem, I think the "lurkers" who represent such a
>product (or know of such a product) should come out to answer a question
>and not be feared of being flamed like the software vendor a couple of
>months ago.
>
>This person was responding to an inquiry to Intellicad and was a third
>party provider for this product.  He was definitely viewed as being a
>little too aggressive in pushing the company name and web page, but I would
>have never have known where to go to find more info about this product.
>
>Ed Chin, PE
>Seattle, WA

I agree with Ed C. 10000%. Advertising and "touting" ones capabilities are 2
different things. Basic survival for many of us means that we must be able
to "hang out our shingle" at a minimum . This is not advertising but merely
letting the world know we exist and giving all a hint at what we do!! There
is nothing "unethical about this .

Norb Volny, PE
Stuctural