From:	Dennis S. Wish [SMTP:wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com]
Sent:	Thursday, March 26, 1998 1:58 PM
To:	seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject:	RE: I don't get it....

See my comments in your text below:

Dennis Wish PE
La Quinta, California
wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com
ICQ# 6110557
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/6110557

"Silence is the virtue of fools."
Francis Bacon

|-----Original Message-----

No, you implied a derogetory.

Believe me, my friend, I never try to imply anything. If I have something
to say, I'll say it.

|While I agree that Mr. Richmond's template has a lot of good features both
|on the use of MathCAD as well as an educational viewpoint of flow charting
|the process of steel beam design, I seriously doubt one could make any
|money designing a building using this tool. I could not. That was the
point
|of my comment. This is a long way from calling someone "stupid".

I don't believe that Mr. Richmonds contribution came with attached
stipulations as to suggest any useage of the template.

I dunno, but when his post came as:

"Try my AISC 9th Edition beam programs on the Mathsoft web site at
http://www.mathsoft.com/appsindex.html and look for Dale Richmond. These
are the ONLY simple beam programs that will PICK the most economical beam
or let the user TRY ANY beam he desires."

It appeared to me as if Mr. Richmond was asking the listserv to "Try his
program". I looked at it and responded with my opinion.

| |Regards,
|Bill Allen (the one with the bull's eye on his back)

Same to you
Robin Hood