Re: ethics

Dennis S. Wish wrote:

> Mark,
> Our profession does not have the same restrictions for advertising as the
> AIA does for architects. Engineers advertise in the phone book all the time
> and don't consider it unethical to advertise their business in any form of
> media. I would argue against any authority that feels it is unethical to
> promote ones business - as this has become the standard of practice in
> virtually all professional services.
>
> Dennis Wish PE
> La Quinta, California
> wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com
> ICQ# 6110557
> http://wwp.mirabilis.com/6110557
>
> "Silence is the virtue of fools."
> Francis Bacon

The AIA is a professional club and only governs professionals who belong
to that club and submit to its regulations and restrictions (similar to
seaoc, I suppose?).  The profession of architecture in California is
actually governed by the California Board of Architectural Examiners,
part of the Department of Consumer Affairs (similar to BORPELS, I
suppose?).