Re: Hardy Frame, between code changes

To add to the conundrum, I spoke with the SF building department, who at
this time are doing very little regarding the seismic issues related to the
SF version of the 97 UBC. If I understood correctly, they basically wait
until the state adopts the code this summer, then wait 180 days and then
allow another 6 months grace period for printing (and reprinting
corrections). Then there is still the issue of SF amendments that usually
have language for exceptions as they relate to existing buildings. The
engineer I spoke with said for all he knew the State Code could end up
modifying the 2:1 aspect ratio that is in the 1997 UBC.

I spoke with Gary Hardy at Hardy Frame 1 800 754 3030 and he is sending me a
their info. ICBO report and a disk with their CAD details. As mentioned he
said that they are using their product in San Jose for about 200 units. He
said that holdown uplift values are over 20kips.
Regards,
Jeff Smith