RE: Hardy Frame, between code changes

Kent,
take a look at http://www.hardyframe.com for some information. I,too, called
Gary Hardy today. Based on the facts that he has done cyclic testing and has
obtained ICBO and COLA (City of Los Angeles Research Report) approvals, I am
excited to find out more.
>From the way he explained it to me, the product is an 18 Gauge frame
(although he mentioned that he had a "Panel" available as well) that
replaces a given number of conventional studs. It sets in the wall above the
mud-sill and attaches to the bottom of the continuous double top plate for
drag. He claims one conventional frame of 4'-0" width will replace 6 kips of
conventional shear panels.
His frames can be fit into an 18" space which makes them ideal for garage
fronts.

He is sending me information and a disk of details as well.
BTW, he wondered why his phones were so busy today!

Dennis

Dennis Wish PE
La Quinta, California
wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com