VSC - Categories for to filter subjects

Nice work Steve.
Two comments - each category is too long. This won't leave sufficient space
on in the subject heading to create an understandable description of the
message.
Consider shortening or abbreviating.

Although most won't like this one, Create a numerical category:
Topic - subtopic   i.e.. Bridge=02 Loads=21 therefore 0221
Expand to include Organization, Region, Committee (if pertinent),Topic,
Subtopic
USA+NSEA+SEA+So. Calif.+Existing Bldg. Committee+Blue Book+Wood+Shearwalls
01 + 01 + 01 + 03+05 Blue Book Wood Shearwalls
0101010305 Blue Book Wood Shearwalls

Granted, this may seem like a nightmare, but once the numeric code is
determined, The duplication of the number can be somewhat automated and
becomes the main filtering code. Once the filter rule is established, the
user no longer needs to worry about the number unless creating a new
distribution letter.
In this example, a blank email message can be embedded into the folder. The
user need only create a template from the Email message in the folder. When
wanting to create a new message, the user can draw from either the template
with the code embedded, or can reply to the blank message and simply remove
the RE: in the subject line.

The goal - filter and distribute to various professional groups or
individuals around the globe. For an individual or non-affiliate, substitute
00 for the sub-category codes.

How about some feedback from the VSC Committee? Can anyone work from this
with Steve Gregg? This is only the start - how about working to refine it?

Dennis Wish PE
La Quinta, California
wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com
ICQ# 6110557