Radiographic inspection

I am on a committee to answer questions asked in Structure Magazine
published quarterly by the National Council of Structural Engineers
Associations.  I am asking for responses to be sent to me at
loveengr(--nospam--at)msn.com so I can summarize them and come up with a consensus of
opinion.

1.  Occasionally it is necessary to drill holes through post-tensioned slabs
for anchor bolts and sometimes 6" diameter holes.  Can holes be drilled
safely without  breaking a cable?  What happens if a cable is broken?  Are
there other methods of detecting cables besides radiographic inspection?

Sam Love
Love Engineering
Ogden, Utah