Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Earthquake forces[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAOC" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: Earthquake forces
- From: "Sam Love" <loveengr(--nospam--at)email.msn.com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 15:40:01 -0700
I am on a committee to answer questions asked in Structure Magazine published quarterly by the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations. I am asking for responses to be sent to me at loveengr(--nospam--at)msn.com so I can summarize them and come up with a consensus of opinion. 2. Prescriptive code design level earthquake forces are generally believed to be about one third real-time earthquake forces. If ductile behavior is necessary to absorb the additional energy beyond the elastic capacity, why does conventional wisdom dictate that the lateral force resisting elements be proportioned based on their relative stiffness? Sam Love Love Engineering Ogden, Utah
- Prev by Subject: RE: Earthquake data for Peking or Beijing area.
- Next by Subject: EERI Pre-meeting in San Francisco
- Previous by thread: RE: Radiographic inspection
- Next by thread: Re: Hardy Frame, shear walls