Re: Hardy Frame, between code changes

<< Provides faster installation, greater design flexibility and more strength
 than plywood.
 Eliminates plywood, hold downs and posts, studs within the frame, nailing
 schedules, special blocking and need for 3x plates.
 Reduces inspection and waiting time.
 Permits easy drywall, lathing and electrical installation.
 Lowers overall cost!
 One 848 Hardy Frame replaces four 1/2" sheets of plywood with nailing 4" on
 center per L.A. City Code.

     Hardy Frame is made in my area. I have specified it a couple times
recently but am waiting to see some installed before deciding to use more. I
have heard concerns about compatibility with plumbing, electrical, and
shrinkage. I tend to be cautious with new products and when talking to Gary
Hardy you may want to keep in mind he is not an engineer and it is in his
financial interest to sell product. It kind of reminds me of the MBR holddown
system.....

     Tom Harris, SE
     Thousand Oaks, CA