Expansive Soil Foundation

Has anybody designed a two story wood framed residential foundation on
expansive soil where the soils engineer recommended compliance with 1994 UBC
Sec. 1815?

I"m working on a 9000 SF, two story wood framed house where my structural fee
was based on conventional footing and I need to know whow much more to charge
for designing the foundation based on UBC Sec. 1815. Is it a simple compliance
with minimun code requirements on additional rebars at slab, and minimum size
and reinforcements at grade beams at minimun grid layout? Or is it a series of
complex analysis, calculations, drawings and details?

Thanks in Advance.

Ernie Natividad