Re: Wood Rafters, UBC tables

Szuchuan Chang wrote:

> Old code told us the low slope rafters are designed for 1/360, 1/240
> limits
> (plaster & drywall ceiling) and the high slope rafters are designed for
> 1/180 limit.  The new code just list 1/240 and 1/180 and no mention
> about
> how to apply them.

I don't think plaster ceiling is being used nowaday in new construction,
that's probably why l/360 is not applicable in new Code.

> Am I the only person that find the old tables (pre-94 UBC) are a lot
> more
> useful?

You are not alone, I still use the old book.
begin:          vcard
fn:             Tom  Chiu
n:              Chiu;Tom
org:            Thomas Engineering
email;internet: Tomchiu(--nospam--at)worldnet.att.net
title:          Principal, SE
tel;work:       (714) 221-3663
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE